Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Goodbye Jeanie-Jean-Jean


Fuzzy's family is really tightly-knit. All it takes is a simple occasion (usually birthdays) for the whole extended family to gather for a night of chit-chatting, good food and good drinks. Inevitably, I've gotten to know Fuzzy's distant cousins (my F-I-L's cousins' daughters) very well. Heck, I might even be closer to my distant cousin-in-laws than I am to my own immediate cousins :/

Sadly for me but great for her, my dearest C-I-L, Jean, has decided to pursue her college/university education in New York; Bard College on the Hudson. She's doing a degree in Liberal Arts and Science- how cool is that?! We all showed up at the airport to send her off tonight for their midnight flight. I hate sad goodbye hugs because I know I'll miss her so much. Chubbs ran to the departure gate as she was getting her passport checked to give one last big hug and goodbye. It was heart-wrenchingly sweet. We love you, "Nani" Jeanie-Jean-Jean.

At our farewell lunch yesterday, with my other C-I-L, Katie, who's also leaving to study soon L :(

Like us, she's always hungry for soba. (Are you gonna kill me for posting this pic, Jean?)