Monday, November 9, 2009

14-Months and More Hats!


Yes, I know... he's 14-months old already. Each month's age-related post is bittersweet for me. And there's nothing I can do about it, except embrace every moment I have with Chubbs. This is not a cliched remark; I really mean it. I'm proud of the tough choice that we made for me to stay home to care for Chubbs full-time because my baby is growing up so fast, even though I spend every minute of the day with him, I feel it's still not enough. Before long, he won't need me to play with him anymore, he'd like his personal space, and maybe rather talk on the phone with his friends, etc. So these are the few precious years that I have his devoted attention. I always say, "A job is a job, is a job." There are millions out there; but we only have one child (for now). And as his parents, we are the ones responsible for shaping his life and caring for him. We have never given ourselves the option of out-sourcing or delegating this responsibility to anyone else. Furthermore, no amount of money, that a job pays, will ever be able to buy lost time with Chubbs, or the chuckle/ grin/ tumble/ cheeky laugh that I might have missed. Undoubtedly, financial and material sacrifices have to be made, but we will never compromise on Chubbs' health, well-being, education, etc.

On a recent trip to Peru, Yee bought Chubbs a really cute beanie (to fuel our obsession). It's beautifully hand-made with animals stitched onto it and tassels off the top.

Chubbs has also been playing with Fuzzy's Purdue cap and one of GrandPa's floppy hats (don't ask why my F-I-L owns these). Anyhow, he really enjoys wearing them.