Saturday, December 27, 2008

White Car


Chubbs always thought his parents drove a gray car. 5400 was born white, but hasn't had a bath in a long while. I used to say Fuzzy's my Prince Charming on a white horse... I stopped about 6 months back. The situation became so dire that I didn't open the door for myself for fear of dirtying my hands, and we refrained from wearing white (because it would make 5400 look really, really bad).

So I thought I'd get someone to come spruce the car up as Fuzzy's Christmas present. After I told him, he insisted on doing the job himself. Reverse psychology success! His ex bank buddy, TW (baby Isabelle's dad) heard of the gargantuan task on hand, offered to chaperone and was even kind enough to loan us his car cleaning supplies. He brought his little darling along to play with Chubbs and I was sitter for the afternoon :)

 scrubbing away

 the babies watching tv

Isabelle got bored and started checking Chubbs out

5 hours later, the car looked spankin' new. Wish I had taken before and after pictures to show. Fuzzy and TW did such a great job! 5400 is gorgeous (super smooth and reflective) now. Thanks for your help, TW! Fuzzy was so exhausted after, that he couldn't feel his legs, and his body ached badly the next day... and the next, and the next. He blamed the fatigue on old age, completely disregarding the fact that the car was almost filthy beyond hope and thus needed so much more work.