Monday, November 21, 2011

The First with Two


I'm 29. It's a bittersweet day. But it's extra special this year because it's my first birthday being a Mommy to two little munchkins. Fuzzy got me a wonderful gift; a book called Scanwiches, which holds pictorial and recipes of 67 famous sandwiches from around the world. I'm the only one in Singapore who has this book (for now) because it was just launched in the U.S., and Fuzzy shipped it in for me. Fab!

We took it easy that day, lunching at one of our favourite spots, L'Entrecote at Duxton Hill. Steak frites, salad and lots of bread with butter make us very happy. Mae contentedly slept in her stroller the whole time, which allowed the three of us to have a leisurely lunch.

With our tummies filled, we ventured to check out the new mall, Icon Village, and also to pick up the birthday cake that Fuzzy ordered for me. We discovered a cool bakery called Nick Vina, and picked up a brioche for breakfast the next day.

Dinner was another yummy affair, consisting of roast duck and delicious noodles from Imperial Treasure, and the real treat of the day was dessert, courtesy of the Mont Blanc that Fuzzy got. Chubbs could not wait to dig into the cake. It was a lovely, relaxing, yummy day spent with my family. I could not have asked for more.
I love this pic because Mae was poised to cry with her quivering lower lip.