Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Nigella's Chocolate Banana Muffins


This is the first sweet recipe I'm trying from the new cookbook that Shu bought me for my birthday. It was so simple to make, and the results were great for a cake, which only took me a few minutes to put together. The little tweak that I made to Nigella's recipe, is that I added some chopped 72% chocolate into the batter, to make the muffins more moist, oozy and sinful. And since I was bringing some of them as a sweet treat to my girlfriends (including Shu) last evening, I thought I'd top the already hip-hugging muffins off with my favourite peanut butter frosting. And I'm mighty glad I did.

Nigella's Chocolate Banana Muffins

Ingredients:-
2 cups plain flour
1tsp bi-carbonate of soda
1/2 cup soft brown sugar
3 tbsp cocoa powder
pinch of salt
125ml vegetable oil (I use canola)
2 eggs
3 very ripe bananas
50g chopped dark chocolate

Method:-
1) Preheat oven to 200degreesC.

2) Mash bananas well with fork.

3) Whisk in eggs, sugar, oil and salt.

4) Sift flour, baking soda and cocoa together. Mix into banana mixture until just combined.

5) Fold in chopped chocolate.

6) Spoon into 12 muffin cups and bake for 15min, or until skewer comes out clean.

The unadorned muffins.

p.s. Fuzzy forbids me to divulge the prized peanut butter frosting recipe :/ Sorry guys.